Larimar is the blue variety of Pectolite, which was later named Larimar. A very rare mineral, Larimar stones for sale is also known as Stefilia’s Stone. It has only been found in the Dominican Republic. Discovered in 1974, It occurs as aggregates of needle-like inclusions that give it a slight chatoyancy effect, grown together in a solid mass, characterized by dramatic patterns of blue, blue to green and white. It forms cavities within basaltic lava. It’s comes only from the Island of Hispaniola, in the Caribbean Sea. By chemical composition, Larimar is a hydrated sodium calcium silicate mineral.
- Gemstone: Larimar.
- Origin: Dominican Republic and Caribbean Islands.
- Category: Inosilicate Mineral.
- Element: Water and Fire.
- Chakras: Throat (5th)
- Pattern: White streaks that resemble sunlight dancing in Caribbean water.
- Mohs Scale (Hardness): 4.5 to 5.
- Treatment: Natural.
- Transparency: Translucent to Opaque.
Showing 1–16 of 72 results